Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Globein

Globein is a company who's mission is simple, Help People and Get Cool Stuff. It is a simple idea that has brought together some amazing artists from around the world, and made their goods available to everyone. Globein does offer several monthly subscription boxes they are $29.99 a month and you can check out all the options here The Artisan Gift Box. Globein also has products direct from the craftsmen and women they have gathered from around the world.  I am going to pick 4 artists to profile today I will be doing this several times a year to help keep the word out about the amazing work the people at Globein are doing.  Before I start that though I want to let you know a bit about Globein it self. It is a start up company they has been around for about two years now, and they have an office of about six with three more people in various countries around the world. They have customer service that is beyond anything I would have expected. When most companies hide there phone number somewhere at the bottom of the page Globein's is right at the top of their page, and they actually answer the phone. Genna is Globein's operations manager, and not only answered my questions, but also e-mailed me to make sure I did not have any others. I truly could rammble on forever about the great customer service, but I really want to introduce you to four amazing people.

 The first person is Norma Diaz-Vilchis. Norma is an art glass designer from Navidad, Mexico. She has 5 years experience, and her love for glass art began when she started taking classes to learn the craft. Her glass work is amazing and can be seen Here. Her bride and groom figurines are something a newlywed couple would cherish for a lifetime.

The next woman is Mila Tarabashkina. She is a felter from the city of Bishkek a city in Kyrgyzstan. She has been felting for five years, and learned her craft from local artisans and craftsmen. I strongly urge you to read more about Mila's life from being under Soviet rule to gaining her independence and artistic freedom. You can learn more about Mila and see her beautifully felted items Here.

Next I want to highlight The Alay Kapwa This is a social cooperative in Manila, Philippines. They have 30 years of experience in crafting. They use recycled materials and turn them into amazing clutches, baskets, and other items. Their story is truly amazing, from starting in a slum area in the 1980's to today having 3000 members in several Philippine cities. Together they produce everything from tableware to dried fish. Check them out Here.

Lastly I was blown away by Fatima Bouhssine from Kelaat M'Gouna, Morocco. She only has 2 years experience in metal and silver work. To look at her intricate designs you would never know that. Her pieces are so delicate looking. She learned this craft through a training program for the disabled (she has a leg disability). you have to check her out she is amazing, and her work is beautiful. please take the time to see her pieces Here.


I truly believe that without Globein many of the amazing artisans on their site would never be able to sell at this level. Like I said I will be profiling different Artists found on Globein's site several times a year. I encourage everyone to take a look at their site and get to know some of these amazing people. Their stories, perseverance, and triumph will move you. I hope you love what you see as much as I did. Thank You, Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment